This is the start of the biggest regeneration scheme ever seen in Wales.
Central Quay, on the site of Brains Brewery in the centre of Cardiff, would see more than 2.5 million square feet of development.
It would include new bars, restaurants and apartments and would create and support thousands of jobs.
The scale of Central Quay could be extended to 14 acres by bringing in land owned by Network Rail immediately south of Cardiff Central train station and the existing BMW car dealership site.
Central Quay, running along the River Taff with a waterfront plaza, could see:
- 1,000 apartments
- 50 bars and restaurants
- 1.5 million square feet of new office space
- A multi-storey car park for 650 vehicles
- A 300,000 sq ft new university campus
- The historic Brains branded chimney remaining as a key feature
- The original 19th century brewhouse forming a backdrop to the riverside plaza with a huge central water features